Moments in time captured with various odd symbols referred to in the lingua franca as letters.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday: or how to go through the motions

Lets begin with facts. The sun is shinning. The trees are in bloom. Its nearing the end of april and the summer is starting to break through here and there. In the parks the smell of grilled meat and charcoal smoke floats by occasionally amid the screams of running children on green grass and the silent areas where couples wrap themselves in blankets. The streets are unusually quiet for a Friday and its as if there is some holiday feeling over the whole city. We have left the facts behind. I am sad and don´t know why. The job hunt is getting to me. I know I should call the companies and places I have applied to but don´t want to. The fear of rejection? The sinking feeling of inadequacy sinking in to all my pores? Something like that.

Amid other things that are let downs these days: the Swedish National football team. Its hard to argue that anyone really deserves a place on that team these days. Everytime we play a nation that could be considered blueberry in quality we get a run for the money. Right now I am not at all convinced that we will be taking part in Euro 2012. A lot of people have to step up and reach another dimension of playing. I don´t see that happening. To continue the football line: Barcelona are two goals down in the semifinal of the Champions League. I am going to write them off now. Inter Milan with a genius in Mourinho is going to get to the final and there they are going to play an über-close game with Bayern that will be a toss up. It might even go to penalties. That is my prediction anyway. Enjoy the weekend.

________

No comments:

Followers