Moments in time captured with various odd symbols referred to in the lingua franca as letters.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Pirates of Somalia

So right now they have all these patrol ships cruisin' the region and keeping an eye on all these cargo ships. It sounds great but I don't see how just defending the area is doing any good. This then is my suggestion: Get the world navies to buy some older cargo ships and turn them into incognito warships. Then sail them in 'international waters' where the pirates are known to hang out. Wait for the pirates to try to board the ships and then blow them out of the water. If they were to take no prisoners, then the specific ships in use couldn't be identified. Of course I am sure that this breaks some treaty on warships having to fly a certain flag and so on but I don't really see how else these attacks are going to be stopped. Its not like the Somali government has a lot of power these days.

2 comments:

Ruco van der Merwe said...

Not a bad idea, one that I considered myself. I think the root cause of all this is very bad western intervention and they are the ones to blame for producing the world's most collapsed country.

SvenJosefson said...

Indeed I believe mr. van der merwe has laid all the cards on the table here, but I will take this further and note that a great deal of the problems in some of the African nations are a result of colonialism.

Followers