Moments in time captured with various odd symbols referred to in the lingua franca as letters.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A brave girl

Hannah Jones is only twelve and she's decided that she would rather die. If you want to look up sources for this article then search BBC or CNN. She is refusing a heart transplant and almost had to fight the hospital to say no. The reasons? Quality of life is what it seems to be about. I find this an interesting case for several reasons a.) its possible she would live on after a heart transplant b.) her quality of life would never really improve. Then I as someone who suffers from a condition that also affects life quality (not so much today, but in the long run), I find her stance very brave and if I had any way of giving her support I would.

No comments:

Followers