Moments in time captured with various odd symbols referred to in the lingua franca as letters.

Friday, November 12, 2010

It’s going to be one of those weekends that contains a bit of work, a bit of play, and some of those in between things. Clara has an exhibition at a fair for green products and companies so I am going to help out with that. Then on Saturday I have to work from 15-19 or something like that. This evening I am helping set up the exhibition for starters. I am thinking about calling up a couple of friends for a beer or two, but we’ll see what happens.


I am planning on getting a lot of reading done this weekend and last night I managed to finish The 158 Pound Marriage by John Irving. I put that one down and began, this morning, to read Wait Until Spring, Bandini by John Fante (I am a growing fan of his work).


On to the reading list update:


1. Der Kleine Brüder by Sven Regener (finished)

2. The Witches of Eastwick by John Updike (finished)

3. The Handmaid´s Tale by Margaret Atwood (on order from the library)

4. Freedom by Jonathan Franzen (considering buying this after all the reviews it got)

5. Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer (non-fiction)

6. Flow my Tears, the Policeman Said by Philip K. Dick

7. The 158-Pound Marriage by John Irving

8. Going After Cacciato by Tim O´Brien

9. The Green House by Mario Vargas Lhosa

10. Grimms Wörter by Günter Grass

11. Wait Until Spring, Bandini by John Fante


The list is starting to grow, but the newest addition shouldn’t take more than a weekend to saw through.


__________

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive