Moments in time captured with various odd symbols referred to in the lingua franca as letters.

Friday, March 05, 2010

Freaky Friday´s second post...

I am supposed to be working on an application letter but the health care issues are forcing themselves into my head and I can think of little else. I am also aware that I am increasingly frustrated by all the lies and deceit that have been used against this bill. I am aware that there are interest groups who are against this bill for various reasons, and I don´t blame them for being against it: that is their ideological stand point and they are welcome to it.

What I cannot accept as being constructive is the lying or making up numbers that have nothing to do with reality to confuse and divide American taxpayers against this bill. Its easy to say that one party is evil in the United States, no matter what side of the divide one stands on. However, lets be honest both parties want the best for the country. Am I being a little too much Pollyannaesque here? Possibly, but I stand by that. The difference is that the parties have different ideas on how to achieve it. Neither vision is perfect. Politics and government will not fix everything. Neither will a pure free market. However if our discussions on these things would be policy related instead of fear mongering, we could elevate the debate and bring out the best in the nation instead of calling each other names.

All that aside its time for the elected majority party to do what they were voted in to do and what they have been for for the last half century: health care reform. Get it done!

_______

No comments:

Followers