Moments in time captured with various odd symbols referred to in the lingua franca as letters.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Wednesday Review

Tonight is Yoga night. That is right, for all those who didn´t know, I go once a week to a VHS and do some Iyengar yoga. I have noticed two things: A. I am more flexible and B. My back pains have gotten better. Now if only the weather would warm up a bit I would go skateboarding.

I am a bit more than halfway through Isabelle Allende´s Portrait in Sepia which is supposed to tie together two of her other unrelated books Daughter of Fortune(hated it) and House of Spirits (loved it). Its decent so far and I like that she has done her homework on Californian history. The best example of this is how the creation of Chinatown came about in San Francisco. She also illustrates very well what many Americans would like to forget: that the white people created an America for themselves and tried to keep others out of power as long as possible.

Next book that I will read seems likely to be a William Golding book or Mr. Vertigo by Paul Auster. While I am a fan of Paul Auster I did not care for the last book I read by him one bit (Moon Palace).

Today I was able to send off another application and that means that I have send a total of five so far since graduating. Not good enough. I need to get to work and find more places to apply at.

No comments:

Followers