Moments in time captured with various odd symbols referred to in the lingua franca as letters.

Friday, September 18, 2009

Kitchen Nightmares

I have been watching a few episodes of Gordon Ramsays Kitchen Nightmares and last night I noticed a difference between the English version and the American one. The American version is shown on Fox, which while that doesn´t necessarily tell you much it should say that there is something that American audiences love to see: as much drama as possible. The English version on the other takes a more traditional food program take where it focuses on improving how the kitchen is run and lets the drama be a less in your face and more sophisticated type. Therefore as a cook I prefer the English version better.

The episode I watched last night featured a restaurant in Scotland now known as Abstract and which had probably the fanciest walk-in refrigerator I have ever seen in my life. They actuall had the produce as fresh as possible (meaning crayfish were still alive and everything) and the produce was all the most expensive one could get. The way to do this: have a multi-millionaire owner.

Anyway I made the Creme Brulées last night and they are looking to be a great success. More information to follow.

No comments:

Followers