Moments in time captured with various odd symbols referred to in the lingua franca as letters.

Monday, September 07, 2009

Berlin and Fall

The weather has taken its turn and the clouds are gathering. It seems that the summer has lasted so long that I am having a hard time remembering what a fall is like, though I won´t deny that I would have liked it to stay away a bit longer. Especially as I have started skateboarding again now pretty frequently.

I have a job interview tomorrow which is good, though its another restaurant job which doesn´t make it as great as I would wish. Maybe if this keeps up I can find a restaurant that focuses on Env. friendly food and make my mark through the world of food. It isn´t exactly what I had in mind but if that is where its at then I will be happy all the same.

I recently read the novel, or novella is more correct, named The Road by Cormac McCarthy. While I found great portions of it pretentious, I will say that some parts of it triggered my imagination into thinking whether or not some of the happenings would be possible. For instance if the governments completely ceased to exist and nothing grows anymore are humans going to return to a tribal mentality or even an individualistic cannibal lifestyle where friendship is only based on whether or not they increase the persons chance of survival (meaning at some point if the survival chances are lowered the said friends are likely to try to eat each other without even having to think about it). Essentially, we are just one nuclear war from falling apart. Somewhere there are dusty red buttons that some lunatic designed in the name of Mutual Assured Destruction.

No comments:

Followers