Moments in time captured with various odd symbols referred to in the lingua franca as letters.

Monday, March 02, 2009

Thomas Mann

I have been reading my second Thomas Mann book Death in Venice which is really a novella and in my case it was put together with several other of his short stories. The thread that I find unifying throughout his work so far is that I don´t find any strong female characters. I find them to be mostly in supporting roles or even used to portray women in general in a light that seems to me to be very shallow and not logical. I would take this to be a case where the author is possibly an ego-centric male who sees the women that he incorporates into his books as being only a way of showing the male rationality while the female mind is inherently anti-rational and petty. Maybe its just my interpretation but I am wondering if anyone else has seen this?

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive