Moments in time captured with various odd symbols referred to in the lingua franca as letters.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

In defense of RL

I can't believe I am writing this. I am going to defend Rush Limbaugh, but only for a short second. Ok, now out with it; I don't think there was anything wrong with what he said about wanting the president to fail. I think almost everyone has those kinds of thoughts at various times (though even with Bush I can´t remember ever formulating my distaste for him quite like that). Enough of the defense, because that is about all there is.

Rush Limbaugh reminds me of a whale. He is big and imposing and possibly dangerous if you find yourself in the water in his vicinity. His vicinity is the radio. On the radio he tells us daily about how much he dislikes democrats and how much the republicans are doing for the country. He doesn´t like african americans very much if at all; all you have to do to understand this is to read his books (I have read both). There is no point in making any comments here about his personal life. Even if they weren´t as disastrous as they are, they only sidetrack us from the real issue: his hate for anyone and anything different than himself. He doesn't like women very much either: he refers to feminists as feminazis and has even gone on to make the claim that ugly women invented this notion to somehow help themselves get into society. I consider myself a feminist (if you want to have this debate Mr. Limbaugh make sure you know what feminism is).

Like his other fellow master of hate and ignorance (and yes I will say it stupidity) Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh is a college drop-out. At least the other member of this conservo-biased media triumvirate is college educated and at least on paper intelligent (I mean O'Reilly of course). In the end I would hope these fools continue to use their hate and ignorance the way they do. I have this image of their hateful words building up a weight that will pull them very far down on the scales of history. We will remember them as they are: arrogant, angry, and out of touch with any form of reality.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive