Moments in time captured with various odd symbols referred to in the lingua franca as letters.

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Rainy Saturday #25

Welcome to Lund, it raining here, no lets put it another way; it rains a lot in Lund. I did manage to get out of bed around 11 or so and then make my way to the pool where I put in half an hour swimming. It felt good as it usually does except that its always crowded on the weekends. Its extra understandable when its rainy like this, but doesn't make it any better.

I am reading Mike Davis's Planet of Slums and its some sobering reading. I've seen squatter developments when I was in Costa Rica and Venezuela, but of course its something else to read about the true numbers that are out there. In the west we live in a false reality. We look around us and assume that in our capitalist system all we have to do is work hard and we can move up in the world. Its a joke and always has been. In fact the upper class is actually pulling away from the middle and lower classes worldwide. Funny isn't it. Actually it started happening around Reagan's tenure.

Going to Hitesh's place in Malmö tomorrow to try the first batch of homebrewed cider. From everything I have heard its going to be amazing. Stay tuned for update.

No comments:

Followers