Moments in time captured with various odd symbols referred to in the lingua franca as letters.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Stockholm countdown.

My year in Stockholm is winding its way down and soon I will raise my flag and sail from these shores. The south is calling my name. I hear it when I awake. I hear it in my dreams(maybe if I ever dreamt I would). I'm moving to Lund on Sunday. I'm starting a two year program in Sustainable Development and Environmental Science. My motto is what is life without a challenge. Here it comes with its steel toed boots to kick me in the teeth. How will I respond? Will I get back on my feet and take it as it comes. I remember that sweaty boxing gym I used to frequent in Tallahassee when I think of a fight. I remember the stale gloves and headgear we used to don to practice destruction. I remember the blows as they fell, one after the other. I stood there I took it. I remember every time I was hit I only wanted to hit back and win. I want to feel that way in Lund. That I'm going to get back up no matter how hard I get hit.

What do I know, its only grad school. Drama Queen.

1 comment:

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

Aron, I know you are going to be amazing in grad school. Tell us how Lund is, we may just be following in your footsteps after Peace Corps! We miss you...i think my husband tried to call you yesterday but wasn't able to get you. Hope we can talk soon!

Followers