Moments in time captured with various odd symbols referred to in the lingua franca as letters.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Moderna Museet

Once upon a time there existed, although this was immediately debated due to certain philosophers disbelieving it, a man named Pontus Hulten. He went on to be one of the most distuingished museum directors of all time until his death last year. Some of the places he has catapulted to fame are the Moderna Museet in Stockholm and the Pompidou Center in Paris. If you don't know the Pompidou center then I suggest you get in touch with the theory of architecture.

Next week at the Moderna Museet in Stockholm an exhibition is opening featuring the works of Robert Rauschenberg. If you don't know who he is then you can stop reading this now. Otherwise check out the exhibition. It starts the 17th of February and goes until the 6th of May.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Aron. I found my way to your blog and that beautifully composed photo of smart art. I hope you don't mind me writing to you here. Kristina actually gave me a note with your blog name on a while ago after having discussed yours and Forrest's, your blogs. And now after having talked to you a little bit more I thought I'd check it out. Writing in the midst of my excitement about being here in Åre. The skiing is great, but ironically there's now almost too much snow clothing the steaps and slopes. Shall man ever be satisfied? At least in Sweden we think so - we've invented the term for it - "lagom" (average satisfaction?). But the skiing is truly great. However, the massive bombardment of commersialism haven't left, although Anja has.. I would like to ask you something. I've longed to explore the cultural cornerstones of Sthlm (not saying that cultural experience in anyway is to be defined, but still). And since we talked, and after having read some of your texts here (which of many I am impressed and intrigued), I'm wondering if you'd like to do that as well? -a little bit more strategically. I'm only staying in Sthlm for the spring and there's so many things I'd like to see and do. Many of my friends here in Sthlm (especially the christain ones) are really not that interested in whatever the word culture fits into. That is unfortunate. For me, but mostly for them.. So if you'd like to do that, let me know. My email is: helle914@hotmail.com -Otherwise I'll just call you sometime next week and ask. /Heléne

Followers