Moments in time captured with various odd symbols referred to in the lingua franca as letters.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Beauvais is 3 hours from Paris

I leave for Paris in two days. It's an evening flight and upon arrival in Beauvais I have to take a bus for three hours and then a train to reach a bed to sleep in. This is what happens when a trip isn't planned carefully. Everything will alright as it always is. I have a return ticket to Skavsta on the 21st, but am at this point unsure if I will use it or not. It's up to the road....

I just finished reading an amazing book today. Its titled "Postcolonialism: a very short introduction." Instead of explaining the book I will leave you with a few quotes that are included.

'I am strongly in favor of using poison gas against uncivilized tribes' -Winston Churchill

'The West won the world not by superiority of its ideas or values or religion but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact, non-Westerners never do.' -Samuel P. Huntington

And we try to complain about terrorism? hmmm....

2 comments:

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

Wow Aron, I dont remember it taking that long to get to Paris from Beauvais?? But what do i know? At least you will have some fine literature to accompany you on your journey!

K80 said...

We are allowed to complain about terrorism.... No one else is supposed to exceed the "west" in organized violence. The west has the best quality and quantity of training: video games! Ya!

Followers