Moments in time captured with various odd symbols referred to in the lingua franca as letters.

Friday, April 11, 2008

Salman Rushdie and the "Ground Beneath Her Feet"

Its been a while since I felt ready to plunge myself into one of Rushdie's bizarre worlds of tragedy and magical realism. Of course everytime I've done so, the end result has been an amazing story that is hard to put down despite all the other things I probably should be doing. Fear not dear reader, for this time I am actually ahead in my readings for LUMES which is the first time in history. Not the last though I guarantee.

In "The Ground Beneath Her Feet" Rushdie takes into a love triangle that consists of two rock and roll stars and a photographer. In his usual excellent and extremely sharp prose style he takes us through their somewhat humble beginnings in Bombay (Pre-Mumbai). If the reader is interested I would recommend starting on Rushdie's masterpiece "The Satanic Verses" which he will never be able to beat no matter what magic tangle of words he is able to produce in the remainder of his life.

No comments:

Followers