Moments in time captured with various odd symbols referred to in the lingua franca as letters.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

America as Gods country

Its a common illness that afflicts some Americans where they have started to believe that their nation is some kind of new promised land from the judeo-christian god. I am always fascinated when I come across this type of idiocy and arrogance. Most often because its reminiscent of the type of propaganda that was being spewed by Nazis like Joseph Goebbels. Lets move past recent history though and go back to the civil war era. Lets go to a place called Sand Creek. Lets introduce a man named John Chivington, a US army colonel as well being a Methodist Preacher.

In 1864 he and his men massacred 133 Indians of which 105 were women or children. I am not going to go into full detail here but I want to point out some of the highpoints of this great American deed; that they cut of private parts and displayed them on sticks as well using male genitals for tobacco pouches. I hadn´t heard about this before but having learned about it made me so sick that I had to share it.
____________

No comments:

Followers