Moments in time captured with various odd symbols referred to in the lingua franca as letters.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

In Medias Res: I'm not Stiller (Max Frisch)

Frisch comes recommended to me by a beautiful German who tends to recommend really good books from her culture. Of course Herr Frisch was Swiss but that is beside the point. So "Stiller" so far has been quite interesting.

It begins on a train in Switzerland where a man is detained and accused of travelling under a false passport. He is then accused of abandoning his family and having lived on the run for over six years. He denies all this and further denies that he is in fact this hunted man named Stiller. How does one prove identity?

Well I'm not done with the novel yet, nor am I half way through, I do however recommend the book and am enjoying it.

Here is a link to a page on Max Frisch (The author).

No comments:

Followers