Moments in time captured with various odd symbols referred to in the lingua franca as letters.

Friday, March 14, 2008

Book Review: Tender is the Night

I admit first off that the last time I touched a book by Fitzgerald was junior year of high school and that at that time I could probably not understand a lot of what was going on. However as a whole I did not appreciate his stories or his prose style....then I was twenty three and decided to give this American favorite another try.

All I can say is that I was impressed and depressed all at the same time. The amount of pain and heartache in the book is enough to make anyone shudder. Then take into account that the novel may as well be a portrait of Fitzgerald's European experience it makes it even worse. I have to say that I recommend it even though its a painful read.

No comments:

Followers