Moments in time captured with various odd symbols referred to in the lingua franca as letters.

Friday, April 13, 2007

For Mr. K. Vonnegut

Some of you will know that I was very sick a few years back. That during that time there were moments when all I had left was fifty dollars in my bank account and a long drive to Jacksonville. I spent two weeks in bed reading and during that time I found something that made a difference. Thank you Mr. Vonnegut for your insights, your absurd characters, and your beautifully minimalist prose. You're one of the things that got me through that time.

To anyone reading this, if you haven't read any of Kurt Vonnegut's books then please take the time and do so. It will be worth every sentence and minute spent.

Or as he himself would say about his own life: So it goes....

4 comments:

Ruco van der Merwe said...

R.I.P.- Mr. Vonnegut

K80 said...

Awww. I am sad to hear that you were very sick! Well, I am glad that Mr. Vonnegut helped you get through that time. And honestly, who doesnt love a minimalist? Hope youve had a great weekend so far! Miss you!

SvenJosefson said...

K80 the sick that I am talking about was three years ago. But thanks for the sympathy and I miss you to.

Anonymous said...

I've read some of Kurt's work and it has meant a lot in my life as well. PS: I am going to Ecuador with the Peace Corps in June...email me if you want so that I can tell you the details and hook you up to my blog. Peace!
-K80s roomie Kelly

Followers