Moments in time captured with various odd symbols referred to in the lingua franca as letters.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Berlin, Berlin, what can I say?


I think that when travelling you can only plan so much. No matter how much you plan however, the best parts are still the random things that happen when you least expect it. An example would be the Kennedy Museum in Berlin. Its located next to the Brandenburg gate(in Pariser Platz). It turns out that the day I was there it was also JFK's ninetieth birthday. That meant free entrance and free champaigne(never one to turn down a free drink).


I think its always hard for me to travel and be around other tourists. The smiling faces at Checkpoint Charlie were hard to swallow. That people have made a conscientous decision to make money off a tragedy is a bit rough(of course this is opinion and not straight fact). But to be honest of all the cities that I've been to I would have to say that the tone and attitude in Berlin was the most amazing so far. I just wish I could speak German. Where I stayed in Kreuzberg was also incredible. The cafe's and bars. Drinking beer in the parks. A lot of memories. I will be back.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is mitch!!! Sign on aim sometime! I have good news... peace.

Ruco van der Merwe said...

hey bro glad to hear that you had a good time in Berlin and made it back safe.

The Grim Repas said...

mitch again... a have a blog now.

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

Im so jealous Aron, I want to go to Berlin so much! I am so looking forward to our fun times in Sweden beginning in only a few short weeks!

Followers