Moments in time captured with various odd symbols referred to in the lingua franca as letters.

Monday, February 04, 2008

A hero of our time...or why the Soviets suck.

I present to you Raoul Wallenberg. A man responsible for saving thousands of jews during the Second World War in Nazi occupied Hungary. He set up a system that allowed jews to become Swedish citizens and then be moved to Sweden. To do this he set up buildings all around Budapest that were supposedly "embassy" territory and thus could not be searched. A true hero of our time. So what happened to the good man...
Well the Soviets came rumbling into town and you know they were allies with the good old boys as in the USA and the UK and what did they do? They arrested Mr. Wallenberg and held him in the Soviet Union until he died from a heart attack. Another reason the Soviet Union should be mocked.

1 comment:

M.L. said...

So, I was on the phone with my little brother tonight and he said, I wonder what ever happened to the old skate gang in Latvia? And I said, I bet Google knows. Sure enough- I can only guess that the Aron Hendrix who calls himself Sven and enjoys trashing the now-defunct Soviet Union must be the same who shared a not-so-cheerful nine months with us in Riga. If not, I beg your pardon for my intrusion on your blog. If so, this is Meghan Young (Mike's sister) and I'm curious: what are you up to? I think it's actually been 9 years. My email address is skrowerif@gmail.com and if you're the Aron of once-upon-a-time, drop me a line.

Followers